Friday, September 10, 2010

Creating Again!

Well I have finally managed to move most of my stuff to the new scrap room...YEAH!!!!!
So as soon as I found desk space I had to play. The boards have been showing clear cards with embossing on them so I gave it a whirl.

I used a circle clear card, the new Olivia paper, The Present stamp set, and a pumpkin Cuttlebug folder. I'm not sure I'm happy with the result but it was fun to play! After I embossed the card, I also embossed the same pattern on the B&T paper then cut out the pumpkin and LG'd it to the inside of the card. I added brown Staz-on ink then wiped it off to lightly "smoke" the cover.


You can see the difference the Staz-on made on the cover compared to the back of the card. I used the corner grassy stamp and the vine to create a "garden" for my pumpkin. I'm thinking I will cut out another pumpkin in reverse to hide the green color on the inside. What do you think?

I covered the back side with some more Olivia B&T to hide my glue from the inside.
And there is my very first clear card! When working with these remember that they have a protective coating on all sides so remember to remove that BEFORE adhering your elements. I left the coating on while embossing the card to prevent any errant scratches.

1 comment:

  1. I love your card Christine!! Th embossing is such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.