1. Cut 1 piece of transparency at 4 1/4" x 10 1/2". This is the viewing window.
2. Cut 2 pieces of card stock at 2" x 5". These are your base and cover.
3. Score the transparency at 1/2", 1 1/2", 5 1/2" and 6 1/2" as shown below.
4. Score both card stock pieces at 1/2" on all four sides. Cut in on the scoreline to the intersecting score line to create flaps. Snip out small wedges to make assembly easier.
5. Use a piece of sticky tape along the small edge of the transparency and attache to the long edge. Viewing window is now assembled.
7. Assemble base and cover by gluing the flaps in.
8. Run adhesive around the sides of the base. Insert into the bottom of the viewing window and press edges to make sure the base is secure to the window.
10. Squeeze the top edges in and place the cover on top. I didn't add extra length or width to the top as the transparency pushes gently holding the top on without having to secure it with anything else. It's a snug fit to ensure the cover stays on.
You are now ready to put the finishing touches on. In my sample I added wide scalloped lace around the edge of the cover. Then I ran a length of ribbon over the lace and added a bow. I finished it off by making a tag and attaching it with some hemp and a safety pin.
Happy Paper Crafting!!!