Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tri-Shutter Card

So here is my first attempt at a larger version of the tri-shutter card. And after working on this project I'm going to count it towards my layout challenge! There was about the same amount of cutting, placing and embellishing done as with my layouts.

Here is the card fully closed. I used the Veranda L2 paper pack and MyStickease. Although the wired ribbon is gorgeous, the yellow really glares and I am tempted to tear the front apart to switch out the Sorbet CS with a yellow toned one. Honey may get the tones coordinated better. My original thought was to get the flower color blending to the base but it makes the ribbon look out of place in my opinion. The ribbon is important to me as it came from my daughter who saved it from one of her wedding gifts. Sigh - back to the drawing board.



The gingham ribbon is from the Chocolate Designer ribbon roll; craft buttons from the Basic collection; blue felt circle is from Heartfelt Wonder diecuts collection. I love the texture and dimention the felt adds to any project. I used some waxy flax for the ties on the buttons.



I used a couple of different stamp sets to finish this monster card. The flourishes are from the Felicity Collection kit and the sentiment is from the Veranda WOTG kit. Both sets are available only when purchasing the kits BUT have so many other applications. The center image is from CTMH Enjoy Every Moment stamp set. I stamped it in brown Staz-On then used watercolor pencils and a waterbrush. I LOVE this technique. There are no worries about getting the blend right.




I didn't add sentiment boxes to the two side flaps as I loved the paper the way it ended up being cut. If I was sending this as a card I'd use a coordinating color sticky note to write to my greeting on. I think it makes a wonderful display piece as is and would want my recipient to be able to have it out without my goofy handwriting to spoil the paper.

4 comments:

  1. Wow this card is amazing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for counting this towards your goal - it looks like a lot of work, but it sure is beautiful! Worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are too hard on yourself... the ribbon has special meaning and I think the sorbet mat does bring the flower back. The ribbon doesn't scream out to me and because it is special, I would leave the whole card as is. It truly is a work of (he)art! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Gorgeous!
    TFS!
    www.lifeonthescrappyside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.