Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Altered Frame

This Father's Day I altered a frame for the sweetie. He didn't have any updated photos of his 3 munchkins. 1 picture is missing but will be taken and inserted in August when munchkin #3 gets here. Below you can see the blank frame in the planning stage and then the completed version.




 I used two new stamp sets, CTMH Wonderful Friend (June SOTM) and CTMH Live Inspired. The center stamps are done directly onto the mat. I first stamped with Versamark, embossed the image and chalked around to make it pop out. I then over stamped using Cocoa ink. The corner images are stamped on white card stock with a combination of Versamark and Cocoa loaded at the same time, embossed, cut out, then adhered. It gives a slight touch of dimension to the project.


I made my first flower with the new CTMH 1 1/4 round punch. I love this punch! I used paper from the CTMH Passages pack. The Barn Red side was the perfect color but the other side was Garden Green which didn't match my color scheme. I used blue chalk to color the green side. It was a little fussy to do but the result was just what I wanted. Never be afraid to try to alter your paper to get that perfect match. The center of the flower is a CTMH Filigree Charm which coordinated wonderfully with the paper.



 The cardstock buttons and metal swirls are from the $$ Store. The matting was originally white with a cream color framing. I used chalks to color the base to the blue and the framing a cocoa color.


No Jackpot posts from yesterday. All the good info is on my website so head there to find out the scoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.